Ann Whelan – Diabetes Educator
Ann has been working in the nursing profession since 1975, graduating as a Credential Diabetic Educator (CDE)in 2004. She became a member of staff at Clocktower Medical Centre in 2005 specialising in the provision of diabetes self-management education for people with diabetes.
She also provides support for people with gestational diabetes, integrating clinical care, self-management education, skills training and disease specific information to motivate patients to:
• Understand diabetes and make informed lifestyle and treatment choices
• Incorporate physical activity into daily life
• Use their medicines effectively and safely
• Monitor and interpret their blood glucose patterns
• Education in insulin therapy
Ann currently holds clinics on Wednesdays and Thursdays assisting and educating in the management of diabetes. Appointments with Ann can be organised through our reception staff.